Quick Actions for Merge, Rebase, Pull, Push, Fetch
By default, triggering actions like Merge, Rebase, Pull, Push, or Fetch shows a dialog - to collect user input and ask for confirmation. However, holding down the ⌥ key will perform them in a quick variant, without a dialog:
- Fetch will fetch all configured remotes
- Pull will pull from the tracked branch
- Push will push to the tracked branch
- Merge will merge with the selected branch in the sidebar (if not applicable: tracked branch)
- Rebase will rebase onta the selected branch in the sidebar (if not applicable: tracked branch)
If in doubt what a quick action might do in a concrete situation, simply open the corresponding contextual menu or main menu: holding down ⌥ will transform the menu item titles and tell you which branches exactly will be involved in the action.